We are excited to announce the addition of a few new vigorous features to our Apsima platform as part of the 2.1 release.
The first new feature allows administrators to add multiple enterprise locations to be managed through the portal. Locations can be added and removed in the Application tab.
MULTIPLE USER LOGINS
Through the web dashboard you can also now assign login access depending on location management. Logins can be easily added, edited, and removed in the Application tab. The user will only monitor the proximity beacons in his or her current location. This streamlines the process of beacon management in the event of 100’s of enterprise locations.
Each new user login created by the super-admin will be assigned to the appropriate locations they are qualified to manage.
SWITCHING BETWEEN LOCATIONS
As you can see below, once logged in, the dashboard is location specific, allowing users to switch between the locations they have been assigned access to.
In addition, we have expanded our analytics capabilities to now include invaluable proximity based metrics by group, giving you further insight into customer engagement and behavior.
As you can see in the screenshot below, you can view proximity metrics including visits and visit duration across a specific time range for all proximity groups in a selected store location. In this case we are viewing proximity visits for all proximity groups located in our La Jolla location from Feb 1st-March 1st 2014. Also note, the sparkline graphs at the bottom include metrics from all groups for this location.
Or, you can analyze proximity visits relative to specific proximity groups located inside your location and compare them over time. In the screenshot below we have selected to view proximity visits for just three proximity groups: fragrances, home, and shoes.
Furthermore, administrators can now schedule geo-fenced notifications based on local time zone, fixed time zone, and a specified time range. This ensures that users receive notifications when it is most relevant, such as a happy hour offer during the designated time window for happy hour specials in local time. Or, administrators might want to schedule notifications based on a fixed time zone, such as a special running during the Super Bowl so users receive the message concurrently, no matter where they are.
EXPANDED CUSTOM PROPERTIES
Lastly, version 2.0 of the Apsima web dashboard allowed you to add custom properties relevant to your application. You can then use the API to set those values and use those properties to create custom segmentation’s for your campaigns. In 2.1 we have exposed several properties the platform maintains internally to make segmentation even more powerful. These include Last Visit, Proximity Group Visited, and Total Order Amount.
ENHANCED USER MANAGEMENT & AUTHENTICATION
Apsima provides advanced user management and authentication. Starting in v2.1 we have expanded those features to handle more use cases.
- Apsima is designed to handle user authentication and user management without requiring an application server. This allows mobile developers to develop full solutions without a need for an app server.
- Apsima requires only a user ID to link our users to your users. This is useful for cases where the contact information is sensitive. In this scenario, the app server will handle the user authentication and will forward the token from Apsima to the mobile app.
- The lifetime of authentication tokens are managed on the server, and can be configured to suit your use case – choose from short or long lived tokens, and configure how long a short or long lived token should last.
- Features such as resetting and changing passwords are also available in the API.
- Passwords use secure one-way hashing with per-user salts to rule out the possibility of rainbow attacks.